CIAPE – The Italian Centre for Permanent Learning, runs the first edition of the International Training Week! It will be held in Rome, Italy, from the 15th to the 19th of May 2017. Several training courses addressed to trainers, counsellors, managers and staff as well as to self employed people from different European countries will be held simultaneously.
The themes will be covered through a series of hands-on workshops, talks, group events, tours, best practice presentations from participants and some seminar style discussions. Plenary sessions and courses-specific sessions will alternate, and the event will have a practical approach. Participants will be invited to share experiences from their institutions that they could develop during and after the course. There will be of course time to connect and network, as well as cultural activities and opportunities to experience the many artistic masterpieces that the city offers, together with a taste of true Italian lifestyle & cuisine.
Select your course in the catalogue:
Autobiographical Methodologies in Education and Training – how to transform life experiences into learning opportunities, to see recognised one’s informal learning outcomes and to deepen own passion towards specific fields of study. Learning outcomes:
– apply autobiographical methodologies as a teaching method in non-formal and informal adult education
– use autobiographical methodologies as a mean to identify and valorise learnersí skills, especially those acquired in non formal and informal learning contexts
– apply autobiographical exercises as support for learning processes
– apply autobiographical exercises as a self-care tool
– apply autobiographical exercises as active citizenship promotion tool
– use autobiographical methodologies as a mean to help learners to transform their own life experience into a learning opportunity
– use autobiographical methodologies as a mean to curb racism and xenophobia
– distinguish between non-verbal communication and pre-linguistic experiences.
Coaching Skills for Tomorrow Educators and Trainers – how to apply coaching methodology and approach to facilitate the learning process among students, contributing to their personal development. Learning outcomes:
– deper understanding of coaching approach and methodology
– deeper understanding of own leading styles and personal behaviours about school and learning process
– practical use of coaching skills in daily work
– practical use of different leadership styles in their work according to different situations and targets.
Digital Interactive Storytelling for Learning (basic and/or advanced) – how to create a compelling story to gain students interest and to make them a real part of the learning process. Learning outcomes:
– deeper understanding of the main theories about storytelling
– explain the basic principles of interactivity
– design stories with a branching structure
– align story elements and learning goals
– develop a digital interactive story.
Gender Mainstreaming in Education and Training – how to include gender mainstreaming in the whole learning process: from designing to implementation and evaluation. Learning outcomes:
– explain the concept of Gender mainstreaming
– recognise the different approaches to gender mainstreaming: EC Roadmap, UNDP approach and UNESCO guidelines
– show how a gender mainstreaming-oriented approach can be beneficial to education and training organisations
– summarise the most recent evolutions of Gender Mainstreaming in the European Union
– organise a concrete implementation plan of gender mainstreaming in training activities designing, management and evaluation
– apply specific toolkits and methods to implement gender mainstreaming in training activities
– assess the impact of gender mainstreaming in training contexts
– assess the Best Practices in gender mainstreaming all over Europe.
How to design and deliver a Training Course – methodologies and techniques to design a tailor-made training course. Learning outcomes:
– create a training course following a bottom-up approach
– use of tools and techniques to train adults
– deeper understanding of the different steps of the training process
– use of different training methodologies.
Positive Team-Working – how to manage team-working in order to guide people to reach group results.Learning outcomes:
– integrate knowledge and skills related to team-working in a creative way
– give the right value to their own personal qualities
– use of practical tools to motivate oneself and others to meet goals
– use of gaming to create a group identity
– strengthen team collaboration, adopt a right behaviour and find common solutions.
Principles of Instructional Design for e-Learning (Basic) – how to design and develop an e-learning course. Learning outcomes:
– deeper understanding of the main theory about e-learning
– apply the instructional design principles to the design of e-learning courses
– understanding of the steps of the instructional design process
– choose the correct design according to the learning content to be delivered and to the learning objectives
– design an effective e-learning course.
Serious Games and Gamification Design – how to use/develop gaming in order to reach a specific learning goal. Learning outcomes:
– determine when a serious game is a good fit for their learning programs
– differentiate games from simulations and other learning activities
– understand the difference between serious games and gamification
– align game mechanics and learning goals
– design a serious game or a gamification application.
Write and Manage EU Projects – how to design and manage European projects especially in the framework of ERASMUS+. Learning outcomes:
– deeper understanding of EU policies and strategies and their connection to EU funds and programmes
– deeper understanding of Project cycle management and tools
– knowledge and skills on how to find a call of proposals, how to build a partnership and how to write a project application form
– knowledge and skills on how to manage a project in all its aspects (management, reporting, communication and dissemination, sustainability)
Download the Courses Catalogue itw_courses-catalugue
The International Training Week gives a unique opportunity to acquire specific professional skills and to benchmark and share best practices with colleagues from a range of other institutions from all around Europe. It provides a great chance to network and to learn from colleagues working in similar fields.
It will be an excellent opportunity to connect with peer institutions, to spend an informative and fun week bringing innovation and inspiration for the management of working activities thanks to the intense exchange with colleagues from different European countries.
Vision on learning
In our view, learning- and especially adult learning – aims at behavioural changes through active involvement in order to acquire insights and competencies. Effective learning, in our perception, has to do with stimulating, inspiring and challenging people and organisations to obtain more appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills to respond to today’s challenges. We are specialised in learning by facilitating learning processes.
Achieving behavioural change through learning
Learning will only be meaningful if knowledge and insights are successfully acquired and internalised. At CIAPE, learning takes place in dynamic and active settings where a variety of working group activities, reflexion and constructive feedback are part of the learning context.
In this working environment individuals are able to develop the necessary skills and attitudes and be prepared to innovate and make learning meaningful. For us, learning is more than only training but also as learning from peers, from coaching, from visits to other organisations, from new experiences in other areas, etc.
The learning methods in our training sessions
Methods focus on a highly participatory, interactive form of controlled and managed transfer of knowledge, one that is led by the notion of learning by doing. At CIAPE we do our utmost best to make the training sessions as interesting, creative and pleasant as possible.
Adult learning is durable and will have a lasting impact when participants experience the training also as inspiring, challenging and in which they have fun also. Therefore we use a mix of interactive learning methods such as focused discussions, case studies, individual reflection, group work, feedback, self assessments. A key factor for any training session is to make the topic practical and directly applicable wherever possible.
Adults constitute a sizeable proportion of the workforce, and therefore must be accorded due attention. As learners, they have unique needs, abilities and aspirations and these must be understood before directing them to a productive and fruitful career pathway. CIAPE uses multiple methods of instruction for adult learners in order to connect curricular concepts to useful knowledge and skills, and enhances studentsí capacities to become self-directed, lifelong learners. CIAPE delivers accredited courses designed to help adults complete their education and begin or change their career direction.
International trainers with excellent qualifications. The possibility to cooperate and learn in multinational and intercultural context. The opportunity to share experience with colleagues from all over the Europe. A relaxing and intimate atmosphere. Enough free time to enjoy Romeís tourist attractions
How to participate?
Please, register here.
Contact person: Eleonora Perotti