ROM ZERO TO HERO: Wise Energy Use Volunteering Scheme for Youngsters is a Project funded by Erasmus+ EU Programme aiming to support the EC Strategy 2020 on sustainable development. There is an urgent need to increase the percentage of renewable energies and energy efficiency. Humanity has to become more aware of the “built environments” that consumes certain percentage of global energy. Sustainability with the 3R – Refuse, Reuse, Reduce – of energy usage offers environmental, social and economic improvement. The initiative will create an environmental volunteering scheme for young people to help communities use energy more wisely, save money and reduce carbon emissions and motivate them to work as volunteers to save the environment. A set of training materials and methods, including LINE technique as much as possible, using IT to create interactive learning environments, interactive face to face sessions and using open source interactive software.
Teaching environmental protection and raising an awareness on energy that buildings consumes should take place beyond the classroom. Learning in natural environment LINE donates the youngsters with awareness that means a beginning to learn more about sustainability and renewable energy technologies and with responsibility to be able to play a vital role in the world’s energy future.
The project is addressed to youth and youth leaders.
Youngsters training participation will be certified with YOUTHPASS and they will share they newly acquired skills and experiences to their friends and teams. The project encourage the participation of young people with fewer opportunities to project activities and take active role with other young people and expected to work voluntarily to save the world.
Building are responsible for 40% of the total greenhouse gas emissions, so zero energy building (ZEBs) are the future.
The main results of the project are:
- National reports from all countries involved in the project including the description of zero energy efficient building researches, zero energy building implementations, and to put forward state of the art in partner’s countries;
- An Energy Quiz: youngsters will start their volunteering by taking the Quiz to find out how much they already know about energy; the main focus of the quiz will be on the sustainability and energy efficient building to collect information about mostly acknowledged and prominent buildings of zero energy buildings/houses, innovative technologies and solutions for sustainability and recent researches on sustainable development in order to clearly define the content of the subject matter;
- Online Wise Energy Activity Cards and Step-by-Step Guide for Energy Volunteers: a software will be developed to use the activity cards online.
- Gazi Universitesi (Turkey)
- Ankara Universitesi (Turkey)
- CIAPE – Italian Centre for Permanent Learning (Italy)
- Erbil Project Consulting Engineering (Turkey)
- AELV Asociacion Amigos de Europa Leonardo da Vinci (Spain)
- Turkish Society of HVAC and Sanitary Engineers (Turkey)
- Van Der Meer & VAn Tilburg West (Netherlands)
- Izocam Ticaret Ve Sanayi Anonim Sirketi (Turkey)
For further info, please contact email@example.com