Innovation in teaching methods about circular economy and sustainability applied in the textile industry
Textile sector is highly relevant across Europe, employing over 1.7 million people. The textile industry is facing several major problems being one of the most polluting industries. The consequence of high productivity, turns into the textile industry the fifth industry responsible for GHG emissions (EEA Briefing report Nov 2019), consequently its a priority on the Green Deal. In order to tackle the current and future needs, Europe requires reassessing its position on environmental problems implementing circular economy and sustainability process in the industry. To foster the circular economy and eco-design growth within textile industries, higher education systems need to be aware of circular economy and eco-design to unlock the critical problem of pollution in the textile manufacturing.
In this context, the CLEANTEX project offers the tools necessary for skills enhancement targeted to higher education in relation to innovation in order to obtain its objectives:
– to innovate teaching methods about circular economy and sustainability applied in the textile industry including life cycle assessment and eco-design as enablers;
– to offer a virtual course on circular economy and sustainability textiles;
– to offer tools and guides on the application of circular economy and eco-design;
– to support higher education students to acquire skills in transdisciplinary innovation based on circular economy and eco-design applied to the textile sector;
– to foster student cooperation multidisciplinary approach in hands-on based projects;
– to promote the application of good practices for the enhancement of innovative skills;
– to strengthen collaboration between universities from textile engineering and other disciplines with textile industry.
For more info write to firstname.lastname@example.org